Chief Election Commissioner OP Rawat has said that Electronic Voting Machine (EVM) is a foolproof technology and has not witnessed any major malfunctioning in the past several years. Delivering a lecture in Nagpur Mr Rawat said, the maximum failure rate of EVM is 0.5 per cent. Even this failure rate was because of initial glitches experienced in Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail machines which were introduced in 2017, he said. Mr Rawat said, experts from IIT Bombay have examined the cause of these glitches and the VVPAT machines functioned smoothly in the recent by-elections in the country.
Let's connect on any of these social networks!
- CONNECT WITH ROOTS - Diary of a Kashmiri Pandit teenager 30 comments
- Nitish + BJP: Two Way Political Opportunism 9 comments
- Ashesh Dhar - From a humble Sales Officer to Head Tata PEV A saga of 'grit and nerve' - An Obituary 8 comments
- Duda's Doodle : Nehru-Indira and INC 7 comments
- Attempts or intent which led to exodus of Hindus of Kashmir need to be extirpated:Bob Blackman,tables early day motion in commemoration of Kashmiri Pandits Balidan divas.. 6 comments