Two women died and three persons went missing after a boat capsized on the swollen Lal Bakaiya river in Rautahat district near the Nepal-India border. Police said, the incident happened last evening when 26 people, including women, were returning to Tikuliyaghat from Banjaraha on the ill-fated boat, which capsized on the river. They said around 21 people managed to swim out of the water safely. They said, rescue workers recovered the bodies of two women today. According to Chief District Officer Govinda Prasad Rijal, search was on to find the three missing persons, in which the help of India’s border security force Seema Suraksha Bal (SSB) was also sought.
Let's connect on any of these social networks!
TRS promises 20k litres free water for Hyderabad residents, BJP terms manifesto as ‘recycled document’
- CONNECT WITH ROOTS - Diary of a Kashmiri Pandit teenager 30 comments
- Nitish + BJP: Two Way Political Opportunism 9 comments
- Ashesh Dhar - From a humble Sales Officer to Head Tata PEV A saga of 'grit and nerve' - An Obituary 8 comments
- Duda's Doodle : Nehru-Indira and INC 7 comments
- Attempts or intent which led to exodus of Hindus of Kashmir need to be extirpated:Bob Blackman,tables early day motion in commemoration of Kashmiri Pandits Balidan divas.. 6 comments