Srinagar, Sep 1: A Power Development Department lineman was electrocuted to death in south Kashmir district of Anantnag, official sources said here on Saturday.
They said a lineman, identified as Mohammad Khalil Itoo, came in contact with a live wire, while doing some repair work at village Khoshipora in Anantnag.
“Itoo was immediately taken to District Hospital Anantnag, where he was declared brought dead,” they said.
After completing all the legal and medical formalities, they said the body of the deceased was handed over to his relatives for last rites. “Police have registered a case and initiated investigation into the incident,” they added.